Seeking the Dark Tower

On the path that eventually leads to the clearing in the woods, the Charyou Tree. Fraught with danger, fear and loss, and yet, fulfillment. Welcome.

Monday, December 06, 2004

hunt

I am sleek. I am pure symmetry. I am a curled in my niche. I am caressed by darkness, warmth, comfort. I feel my kiith. I feel their presence. They feel me. I feel comfort. They feel comfort. I sleep. We sleep.

I sense intrusion. I feel unease. I awake. i sense dis-symmetry. I sense discordia. Anomaly. Aberration. I feel disturbance. I leave my niche. I break my pleasing solitude. I distangle from my sleep. I seek the intrusion. My kiith send their love, consolation and approval. I return affirmation.

I sense the wandering quarry. It is sickly hot with fear. It is smouldering with apprehension. I am sleek symmetry. I am silent. I move unseen, unheard. I stalk the quarry. It knows. It turns. It retreats. I follow. I am unseen, unheard. I darkle. I tinct.
I anticipate a hunt.

The quarry hears my rustle. I add a little hiss. It is horror and terror. It turns, it retreats, it runs. It scrambles through my caverns, my catacombs, my maze. I am smooth symmetry. I flow fluid through the channels and ducts. I am the blackness of night. I lurk beyond the dim light of the tunnels.

The quarry reaches a junction. It is unsure. I hears me. I am stalking stealth. I follow close behind. Terror blows past my quarry and brings it along, through my caverns, my catacombs.
I am patience. I wait in a dark niche. The quarry wanders endless through my maze. I am anticipation. I wait for its appearance. It comes.

I reveal myself. I glisten in the dim light. I am sharpness and teeth. It is now pure terror. It flees faster than wind, though my channels. It breaks free of my maze. I give chase!

I am speed, I am velocity. I hiss, I give chase. I am agility. I follow close behind. I burst through my last channel into the chill night air. I am invirogated. I am hyperreality. I am clarity. I am wide awake. I relish the run. I relish the hunt. I give chase.

The quarry is stark, contrast, red, hot, fear, a pinpoint beacon in a cool, dark, fresh world. I hear its pants. I sense its exhaustion. I am anticipation. It heads for the foothills to its escape.

I am guile and cunning. I detour to the cliffs.
I am pure symmetry and perfection. I am power. I leap the cliff and eclipse the cold moon. I am exquisite symmetry. My quarry sees me. I land on the crowns of the trees. I am stealth and deception. I hide. Leaves spiral to the ground.
I wait.

My quarry wanders in circles unsure. I am sleek steath. I move amongst the branches without a sound.
I am withheld tension. I wait to spring.

The circle draws near to its completion. The quarry stumbles towards me. I move like silent mercury towards the quarry. I am power controlled. I spring and knock it down. The quarry is desperation. It draws and attacks. I am pure symmetry. I am sleek speed. I am control. I strike. I withdraw.
I am pure power. I smash into the quarry. It is knocked breathless. It fights back. I am tenacity and dextrexity. I subdue its strikes. I disable its attacks. I pin down the quarry. My glistening teeth.

I relish the hunt.
I feel fully alive.

I am pure symmetry. I am sleekness. I am speed. I am power. I am perfection.
I am grinning death.

I part my lips. I open my mouth.

I bite.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home